Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator
Remote. Womankind offices, central Bristol may also be required
Key purpose of the role
Our Digital Marketing Volunteers provide valuable marketing support to our small team, helping us to communicate our message as powerfully and as widely as possible. The main purpose of the role is to increase the quality and quantity of our interactions, create engaging content and imagery that supports our mission. With your help, we aim to improve our online presence and increase awareness of our services to vulnerable women in the region.
- Responding to posts and messages on social media in a friendly and informative way.
- Build our online presence with regular updating of our social media channels.
- Promoting our services online to clients representative of the women of Bristol.
- Sourcing or creating engaging content either directly or by liaising with members of the team.
- Running online fundraising, volunteer recruitment and awareness-raising campaigns.
- Researching appropriate and sensitive approaches to target different audiences, in the interests of
increasing the diversity of our volunteers and service users.
- Researching relevant articles (on topics such as women’s rights and mental health) to share.
- Suggesting and implementing website improvements using the CMS.
- Carrying out other relevant tasks as required.
Skills, experience and qualities required:
- Competence and creativity in your field.
- Experience in designing digital adverts / social media posts.
- Some knowledge of or interest in women’s mental health, feminism and equalities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be punctual, reliable and organised.
We take previous experience in to account, but do not expect that you will be able to take on all tasks until you are ready and able to do them.
What we ask from you:
- Volunteers are asked to commit to volunteering for a minimum of four hours per week.
- We ask for a six month commitment.
- To have regular catch ups with team and periodic reviews.
Our commitment to you:
- Full induction to the role.
- Ongoing support and guidance.
- Out of pocket expenses paid in line with Womankind’s policies.
What you could get out of volunteering:
- An opportunity to develop new skills.
- The chance to gain experience of working within a women only mental health setting.
- The chance to meet new people and attend volunteer social events.
- Opportunities for personal development and progression.
Application → Interview → References → Induction