There is always a phone that needs answering, queries that need to be dealt with and a million other jobs!
Our Administration Volunteers help us with a wide range of jobs. What you get involved in will depend on our current needs and your skills, experience and interests. You would need to make a regular weekly commitment depending on what you can offer each week and what jobs we need doing.
To find out more about what is involved and what we offer to our Administration Volunteers please click below:
To be agreed
Womankind offices, central Bristol
Key purpose of the role
Womankind provide a range of confidential and accessible services to women in Bristol and the surrounding area including counselling, a Helpline, Befriending and Group Psychotherapy. Our services are provided for women by women.
Our administration/office volunteers could be asked to support the work of one or more of these services. The main purpose of the role is to assist the Womankind staff team in the administration of the organisation and to help with general office work.
- To carry out a range of administrative tasks such as taking messages and passing to others within the organisation, responding to e-mail enquiries and sending out information about our services.
- To help research information about other projects for our records, and keep our information systems up to date.
- Typing, filing and photocopying.
- To assist in adminstration work to support and publicise our services e.g. photocopying leaflets and updating the indexing system.
- Petty cash and basic accounting tasks.
- To put together and send out application packs to potential volunteers and clients.
- To undertake reception duties, keep reception area tidy and water plants.
- To undertake in-house training deemed appropriate by your supervisor.
- To commit a regular amount of time (3 hours per week minimum).
- To keep up-to-date with and adhere to Womankind’s guidelines, policies and procedures including Safeguarding, Equalities and Confidentiality policies.
You may also like to help with other tasks such as fund-raising or marketing and may have other types of experience that you are able to offer, or specific areas where you would like to gain experience.
We would encourage you to talk to us about your interests and what you would like to gain from working with us so that volunteering is a positive experience for you.
Skills, experience and qualities required:
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- T skills e.g. knowledge of and experience using Microsoft office applications such as Word and Outlook.
- Ability to keep accurate and up-to date records.
- Punctual, patient and reliable.
We take previous experience in to account, but do not expect that you will be able to take on all tasks until you are ready and able to do them.
What we ask from you:
- Volunteers are asked to commit to volunteering for a minimum of 3 hours per week.
- To have an annual appraisal of work and periodic reviews.
Our commitment to you:
- Full induction to the role.
- Ongoing support and guidance.
- Out of pocket expenses paid in line with Womankind’s policies.
- Insurance cover.
What you could get out of volunteering:
- An opportunity to develop new skills.
- The chance to gain experience of working within a women only mental health setting.
- The chance to meet new people and attend volunteer social events.
- Opportunities for personal development and progression.
Application → Interview → References → Induction